Friday, April 13, 2018

comment on a college's work - A Liberal's Gratitude for Trump

This is an interesting perspective, Krista.

I, too, am more liberal than conservative. I have been struggling with Trump's presidency since the beginning. I had never really thought about the positive effects that have resulted from our president's negative actions. Many articles that overflow the current media are negative views towards Trump, or, a defense of Trump's inappropriate choices. This view opened me up to a different perspective than before.

I enjoyed that you included examples of ways this is shown through LBGTQ, immigration, race relations, and sexual harassment within females. Coming from a past filled with a mother who is gay, a sister who is gay, and sexual harassment, I had lost all hope for the progression of freedom within these realms of just being a woman and also being apart of an LBGTQ family. I had not come across articles that talked about the progression of women through Trump's current downfalls - and - does the media at this point REALLY want us to see them? (who knows)

However, I appreciate your different perspective through the eyes of a fellow liberal and your openness and desire for the progression of women. I believe that women should stand up to the current system and stand for the rights that we deserve.
Again, thank you for a great perspective!

(Full editory by Krista is available here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on College's Post - White Supremacy

I agree! I believe that maintaining equality is very important in developing and maintaining a civil society. And not just that, seeing op...